Benefits of Regular Dental Exams and Cleanings
When is the last time you went to the dentist? If you haven’t been to the dentist in 6 months or longer, it’s time to make an appointment. There are many benefits of going to the dentist twice per year, so it’s important to make sure you don’t miss a cleaning and exam.
- Any major issues can be spotted and addressed. If you don’t go to the dentist twice per year, you may have dental issues that need to be resolved, but they are going unnoticed. In some cases, dental issues may become an emergency and require prompt care.
- You can prevent gum disease. When your teeth are cleaned by professionals,it lowers the risk of gum disease, which causes tooth loss in some cases.
- Signs of oral cancer can be detected and treated, which increases the likelihood of successful treatment. With regular cleanings and exams, you will also have oral cancer screenings, so any signs are noticeable early.
- Your smile will be brighter. When you get a deep cleaning, any built-up stains and discoloration can be treated, leaving you with brighter, whiter teeth.
- You will stay healthy overall. There are links to your oral hygiene and your overall health. When you have clean teeth, your risks of diabetes, heart disease, and other health concerns are minimized. At your regular cleanings and exams, our dentists may notice signs of medical issues that present themselves in your dental health.
There are many great reasons to go to the dentist on a regular basis. This will help to keep your teeth and gums healthy, so you can prevent major dental issues. It’s a good idea to get in the habit of going to the dentist to ensure you have a healthy smile for life. Our dentists near you can help you to get the dental care you need to keep your teeth clean and treat any potential dental issues.
If you’re looking for dentists near you and are due for a cleaning and exam, give Seascape Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry a call today.